The list combines featuring both the youth and the experienced. Many former ministers have been inducted into the Stalin-led cabinet with some of them being given different portfolios this time around.
DMK president M K Stalin was sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister on Friday, along with 34 ministers in his cabinet. Stalin will hold key portfolios of Police and Home, among others.
The list promises to be a balanced cabinet featuring both the youth and the experienced. Many former ministers have been inducted into the cabinet with some of them being given different portfolios this time around.
Former Chennai Mayor Ma Subramanian will be the Minister for Medical and Family Welfare while Palanivel Thiagarajan (PTR) will be the Minister for Finance.
Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi, one of the youngest MLAs, will be the Minister for School Education. The cabinet will also have two women members — Geetha Jeevan and N Kayalvizhi Selvaraj — who have been appointed as ministers for Social Welfare and Women Empowerment and Adi Dravidar Welfare, respectively.
R Gandhi, who was sworn in as the Handlooms and Textiles minister in the Tamil Nadu cabinet on Friday. Together.
In the previous DMK regime from 2006 to 2011, MK Stalin had served as the Deputy Chief Minister to his father and party patriarch M Karunanidhi, who was the Chief Minister.
In a thumping return to power in Tamil Nadu, DMK has won 133 seats in the April 6 assembly election and along with allies, including Congress, had garnered a total of 159 seats in the 234-member Tamil Nadu assembly.
The AIADMK won 66 segments and its partners BJP and PMK, four and five seats respectively.
- M K Stalin – Chief Minister; Public, General Administration, Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Other All India Service, District Revenue Officers, Police, Home, Special Initiatives, Special Programme Implementation, Welfare of Differently-abled persons.
- Duraimurugan – Minister for Water Resources – Irrigation Projects including small Irrigation, Legislative Assembly, Governor and Ministry, Elections and Passports, Minerals and Mines.
- K N Nehru – Minister for Municipal Administration – Municipal Administration, Urban and Water Supply.
- I Periyasamy – Minister for Co-operation – Co-operation, Statistics and Ex-Servicemen Welfare.
- K Ponmudi – Minister for Higher Education including Higher Education – Higher Education, Technical Education, Electronics, Science and Technology
- E V Velu – Minister for Public Works – Public Works (Buildings, Highways and Minor Ports)
- M R K Panneerselvam – Minister for Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare- Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Agro Service Co-operatives, Horticulture, Sugarcane Excise, Sugarcane Development and Waste Land Development
- K K S S R Ramachandran – Minister for Revenue and Disaster Management – Revenue, District Revenue Establishment, Deputy Collectors, Disaster Management
- Thangam Thennarasu – Minister for Industries – Industries, Tamil Official Language and Tamil Culture, Archeology.
- S Reghupathy – Minister for Law – Law, Courts, Prisons and Prevention of Corruption
- S Muthusamy – Minister for Housing and Urban Development – Housing, Rural Housing, Town Planning projects and Housing Development, Accommodation Control, Town Planning, Urban Development and Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority
- K R Periakaruppan – Minister for Rural Development- Rural Development, Panchayats and Panchayat Unions, Poverty Alleviation Programmes, Rural Indebtedness
- T M Anbarasan – Minister for Rural Industries including Rural Industries cottage industries, small Industries, Slum Clearance Board
- M P Saminathan – Minister for Information & Publicity – Information & Publicity, Film Technology and Cinematograph Act, Newsprint Control, Stationery and Printing, Government Press
- P Geetha Jeevan – Minister for Social Welfare & Women Empowerment – Women and Children Welfare including Social Welfare, Orphanages and Correctional Administration, Integrated Child Development Scheme and Beggar Homes and Social Reforms & Nutritious Meal Programme
- Anitha R Radhakrishnan – Minister for Fisheries – Fishermen Welfare and Animal Husbandry Fisheries and Fisheries Development Corporation and Animal Husbandry
- S R Rajakannappan – Minister for Transport Transport, Nationalised Transport and Motor Vehicles Act
- K Ramachandran – Minister for Forests
- Thiru R Sakkarapani – Minister for Food and Civil Supplies – Food and Civil Supplies, Consumer Protection and Price Control
- V Senthilbalaji – Minister for Electricity, Non-Electricity, Prohibition & Excise Conventional Energy Development, Prohibition and Excise, Molasses
- R Gandhi – Minister for Handlooms and Textiles – Handlooms and Textiles, Khadi and Village Industries Board, Boodhan and Gramadhan
- Ma Subramanian – Minister for Medical and Family Welfare Health, Medical Education and Family Welfare
- P Moorthy – Minister for Commercial Taxes and Registration – Commercial Taxes, Registration and Stamp Act, Weights and Measures, Debt Relief including legislation on Money lending, Chits and Registration of Companies
- S S Sivasankar – Minister for Backward Classes Welfare – Backward Classes Welfare, Most Backward Classes Welfare and Denofied Communities Welfare
- P K Sekarbabu – Minister for Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments
- Palanivel Thiagarajan – Minister for Finance and Human Resources Management – Finance, Planning, Personnel and Administrative Reforms, Pensions and Pension allowances
- S M Nasar – Minister for Milk & Dairy
- Gingee K S Masthan – Minister for Minorities Welfare and Non Resident Tamils Welfare – Minorities Welfare, Non Resident Tamils Welfare, Refugees & Evacuees and Wakf Board
- Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi – Minister for School Education
- Siva V Meyyanathan – Minister for Environment – Climate Change and Youth Welfare and Sports Development
- C V Ganesan – Minister for Labour Welfare and Skill Development – Labour Welfare, Population, Employment and Training, Census, Urban and Rural Employment
- T Mano Thangaraj – Minister for Information Technology
- M Mathiventhan – Minister for Tourism – Tourism and Tourism Development Corporation
- N Kayalvizhi Selvaraj – Minister for Adi Dravidar Welfare – Adi Dravidar Welfare, Hill Tribes and Bonded Labour Welfare